Sweet and Savory Vegan Pies
Take your plant-based pies to another level. In Pies and Tarts with Heart, popular blogger Dynise Balcavage shares her straight-forward wisdom about kitchen fundamentals and the most effective pie-making techniques. From Apple Pie to S’more Pie—and everything in between—these 60+ recipes will make you shine in your pastry pursuits, whether you are a beginner or a veteran pie maker.
Inside you’ll discover:
- Instructions for building your pie, from the basics to baking
- How to roll, stretch, and bake a respectable crust in no time
- Sweet pies: traditional, decadent, nutty, citrusy, and more
- Savory pies: including Tomato Tart, Greek Spinach Pie, and Cornish Pasties
- Stocking a pie-making pantry: the ingredients and equipment you’ll need
- A variety of gluten-free, low-fat, kid-friendly, raw, and no-bake options
This is the third cookbook by Dynise Balcavage. She blogs at urbanvegan.net
and tweets at @theurbanvegan.